Sunday, 9 March 2008

Stitched Portrait Update

I have now stitched all the main outlines on the portrait quilt. It came along much quicker than I expected. I am jolly proud of all the hand stitches because as Bry knows, I am not very patient with hand sewing usually! I am a bit miffed though that Gary reckons my nose looks like an erect penis! Now that's all I can see!!!!
I'm not really sure where to go from here. I wanted to stitch and embellish it to death and I feel like a need a day or two to mull over the next step. Here's my favourite bit in close-up:

6 comments:

granny grimble said...

I think this one is going to be your best so far. It's got life and humour and a professional air about it. It reminds me a lot of Beryls Cook's work. I can't wait to see the next stage. Well Done!

Beetle said...

Ooooh! I think Gary is right!

It looks very good and like it takes more patience than I could ever have now days.

weechuff said...

I think the dark stitching across the bridge of the nose makes it look like that, because I didn't notice it before! It is coming along really well, clever you!

weechuff said...

I saw it this evening, and reckon it's smashing!

Love Dad

wozog said...

I am having some fun Cat Contests, if you want your cat to be entered just send a picture of your cat with your thumb showing in the picture to admin@wozog.com. Once your entered you cat will be entered into all contests at www.wozog.com! I have one every month. You could win cash. You don't even have to visit my site. What do you have to lose??

GoldAnne said...

truly amazing you are so talented!!!!
love anne xxx