Monday 10 September 2007

Hard Work in The Sewing Room

Oh boy, have I been working hard! My first package from America arrived a few days ago. It was the metallic threads that I have been longing for for ages. They are so beautiful.




If you remember, these are part payment for my bear patterns. Debra in Texas is sending me pressies rather than cash and it's SO exciting! I am now awaiting some variegated threads and fabric packs.

This inspired me to clear out and reorganise my tiny office, henceforth to be known as The Sewing Room. I very nearly killed myself. I am only a girlie and that desk must weigh as much as five grown men! You'd think there is only so much you can do to a 6' x 7' room, but it still took me two days.

Gary's stuff is OUT! Actually, Gary's stuff amounted to half a bin liner of rubbish and a few papers that I put on a shelf. So how come he completely took the room over? He now has one bottom drawer for the stuff that he doesn't know where to put. I managed to gather a carrier bag full of his wires and leads. They are for obsolete mobile pones, iPods, chargers, adapters and kettle leads. Of course they are all extremely important and must go in a big box in the shed. ;0)

While I was clearing the very top shelf I found my wedding flower circlet and a picture I made from my wedding flowers. The poor circlet has been abused for to long now and has to be thrown. :0) It is literally falling to bits and shedding all over the place. I took some final photos before ditching it. It's like Miss Haversham's wedding outfit! The first photo isn't good as the camera was trying to focus on the centre hole rather than the circlet.


The picture I made from my wedding bouquet had no glass and was so covered in dust that I thought the colours had faded completely. When I very carefully dusted it though, the colours were still there. I managed to find another piece of glass and restored it to it's former glory. Isn't it pretty?

And finally, here's a wedding photo to show what the flowers looked like when they were fresh. I honestly don't think I have ever seen prettier wedding flowers. And look at us, we're all so young!

4 comments:

Babs (Beetle) said...

Too late now but couldn't you have put the flower circle in one of those deep, glass frames?

The threads look lovely! I can just see them all as embroidery :O) When I did embroidery (many, many moons ago) the metallic thread went in the bobbin and plain cotton on the spool. Is yours the same?

We will have to come and see all your new stuff soon :O)

weechuff said...

I still think the flower circle is far more attractive than the traditional veil and headress. That is one of the nicest wedding photos I have ever seen:0)
Those threads look gorgeous. What a nice lady she is!

granny grimble said...

Those threads look so gorgeous, they look edible! Can I come and have a tour of all your baubles, bangles and bright shiny beads, (and your sewing room). I have always thought that your wedding flowers looked fit for Vogue Magazine, and that particular photo is in my wedding album. What a beautiful family picture, as well as a very romantic wedding shot.

Gary said...

Yes Babs, 15 years too late!

If I loosen the tension to 0 then I will be able to embroider with the metallic on top. Apparently.

Visitors always welcome to look at my shiny things. :0)